Georgia has many medical universities that are highly recognized globally and accredited internationally. Here are some of the best universities in Georgia to consider applying for:
Reasons to Study Medicine in Georgia
Georgia has outstanding universities with top-notch facilities and a fantastic cultural background. In fact, the country holds a reputation, globally, for its incredible international medical education. Founded on European standards, the educational system in Georgia is favourable to international students, as many courses are taught in English. Here are the top reasons to apply for medical studies in Georgia:
- Affordable Tuition Fees: With an average tuition fee of $5,500, Georgia’s universities are perfect for working families; and are much lower than in Western countries.
- Low Living Costs: Settling down in Georgia is made easy by its low cost of living. Students could get a lot more value for their money, in terms of accommodation, food, and nightlife.
- Programmes in English: The country’s universities offer graduate and undergraduate programmes in English to first-year students and other students with a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field.
- No entry exams: To study medicine in Georgia, you are evaluated based on your high-school grades.
- Accredited Universities: Indeed, degrees from Georgian universities have worldwide recognition
- Safe Environment: Foreigners are well protected in Georgia, one of the world’s safest countries.
- Flexible Semesters: Georgian universities provide several term dates for avid travellers.
FAQs About Georgia
Not much is required to apply for study in Georgian medical universities. Many of its institutions have easily achievable entry requirements. Most importantly, there are no entrance exams for medicine or dentistry. The following are the major requirements for studying medicine in Georgia:
- Must have a valid passport
- Must have a high school diploma or a 12-year completion certificate
- Must have studied scientific subjects such as biology and chemistry and have good grades in both subjects.
- Must have mastery of the English language
- Some universities conduct interviews to test your motivation to study
From a financial perspective, Georgia is one of the best countries to study in. While its tuition fees rank among the lowest on the continent, the quality of its education remains fantastic. Overall, tuition fees at Georgian medical universities start at $4,000 per year. Many international students can benefit from such low tuition fees as it leaves them extra money to finance their living and travel expenses.
In Georgia’s capital, Tbilisi, the average tuition fee for medicine could range between 6000 and 7000 dollars per year. Students who want to study dentistry would pay much less in the range of $4500 to $6,000 on average.
When compared to medical universities in Western Europe, Georgia has very affordable fees. Also, universities in the West do not teach in English, as many teach in their native language. Only private Western European universities teach in English, and they could charge a whopping $20,000 per year.
Georgia is a very affordable country to live in, especially for international students. The monthly living costs per person, exclusive of rent, average €380. For rent alone, depending on location and accessibility to major roads, a single-bedroom apartment costs between €180 and €290 per month. These low monthly expenses are what make Georgia a great place to live in, within Europe.
In addition to its quality education, Georgia has an undeniable charm in its landscape and ancient culture. The country shimmers with an age-old beauty, reminiscent of medieval times. Its enchanting mix of beauty, culture, and breathtaking hospitality is one of the reasons international travellers visit often.
For students, Georgia can be a refreshingly new experience in terms of the country’s history, geography, and lifestyle. Students can enjoy activities like sightseeing, mountaineering, and hiking, as well as participate in more civilized leisure activities like feasting festivals at the country’s numerous monumental events. Georgia also produces some of the best wines in the world.
To recap, here are the top reasons to choose Georgia as your study destination:
- Worldwide recognition of university degrees
- No entry exams
- Affordable tuition fees
- Affordable living costs
- Available student dormitories
- Unmatchable Georgian hospitality
- Graduate entry for Medicine.