Vasile Goldis Western University
Tuition Fees: €7,500
Entrance Exam: No
Graduate Entry: No
The Vasile Goldiș Western University of Arad, located in Romania, is a distinguished institution founded in 1990. Recognized for its commitment to excellence in education and research, the university offers various programs, including Medicine.
About Vasile Goldiș Western University
Founded in 1990, the Vasile Goldiș Western University of Arad has evolved into a center of science and culture in the Arad region, Transylvania, and the broader Euro-regional context. Affiliated with international organizations, the university is dedicated to research and education within the European space, named after Vasile Goldiș, a pivotal figure in Romanian history who played a significant role in the merging of educational institutions.
Reasons to Study at Vasile Goldiș Western University
- Stronghold of Science and Culture: Founded in 1990, the university has become a stronghold of science and culture in Arad, Transylvania, and the euro-region.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: Vasile Goldiș Western University emphasizes multidisciplinary, innovative, and multicultural Students engage in academic activities across various fields, fostering a rich learning environment.
- Research Integration: The university ensures the integration of scientific research with higher education, offering Veritable laboratories, including the Institute for Life Sciences for academic excellence.
- European Connections: As a member of various European consortia and alliances, including the “Carolus Magnus” European Consortium and the European Federation of Higher Schools (FEDE), Vasile Goldiș Western University actively shapes European education and research.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates from Vasile Goldiș Western University have a wide range of career prospects, from hospitals and private clinics to research institutions and more.
- Modern Infrastructure: The university provides a conducive environment for learning and personal development. Many students also choose to pursue advanced degrees in medicine or related fields after graduation.
Vasile Goldiș Western University Accreditation
The Vasile Goldiș Western University of Arad (UVVG) is a reputable institution committed to providing high-quality education. Accredited by relevant authorities, and recognised by the GMC, UVVG’s Faculty of Medicine adheres to rigorous standards, ensuring a comprehensive and up-to-date medical education.
Book A FREE Consultation
City Of Arad
Arad, a historic city with a rich cultural heritage, offers several attractions for residents and visitors alike. Here are some notable places to explore:
- Arad Fortress: A well-preserved 18th-century fortress with impressive bastions and a fascinating history.
- Neumann Palace: An elegant Neo-Gothic building that once served as the residence of a wealthy merchant.
- Ioan Slavici Classical Theatre: A beautiful theater known for its exceptional performances and architectural charm.
- Central Park: A serene green space where you can relax, take a leisurely stroll, or enjoy a picnic.
- Arad City Hall: An architectural gem with a clock tower, located in the heart of the city.
- Roman Catholic Cathedral: A stunning example of Baroque architecture, featuring intricate details and beautiful stained glass windows.
- Memorial Museum of the 1989 Revolution: Commemorating the events that led to the fall of communism in Romania.
These attractions provide a glimpse into Arad’s vibrant past and present. Whether you’re interested in history, architecture, or simply enjoying the local ambiance, Arad has something to offer for everyone.
- High/secondary school education (12-years education) and to have obtained a Diploma/School Leaving Certificate/GCE A-2 by the time the program will begin.
- To have studied at least one of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science in high school (GCE A-2 for UK students).
There is no entrance exam for students applying from English speaking countries such as the United Kingdom.
If you are applying from a non-English speaking country, the university requires students to sit an English exam to ensure all medical students meet a minimum level of proficiency to be able to understand the course.
MedConnect Europe will provide you with all the necessary materials to ensure that you are successful in the test.
Course Structure – Medicine
- The Medicine program at Vasile Goldiș University spans 6 years.
- The curriculum is taught entirely in English.
- The first three years focus on fundamental knowledge and pre-clinical studies.
- The latter three years are more clinical, involving hospital experience and surgical courses.
- Graduates receive a Master’s Degree with the title of Physician (MD), internationally recognized, enabling practice in any EU state, including post-Brexit UK.