Ovidius University Constanta
Tuition Fees: €5,000
Entrance Exam: No
Graduate Entry: No
The Ovidius University of Constanta in Romania has been granted a 'High Degree Of Confidence' by national and international accreditation institutions.
Ovidius University is the largest European university in the Black Sea. Situated in Constanța, the largest city in Dobruja and Southeast Romania, the university is located in an economically powerful region, which represents a cultural bridge between East and West, an eastern gate to European Union.
Ovidius University is a public higher education institution established in 1961. In 1990, it has become a comprehensive university, with bachelor’s, masters and doctoral study programs at high European quality standards. The University has been granted a ‘High Degree Of Confidence’ by national and international accreditation institutions. The university is also accredited by the GMC/GDC in the UK.
Ovidius University enrols over 15,000 students, under the guidance of 650 members of the academic staff and with the support of over 300 employees in administration and services. The university is renowned for its top-class facilities and libraries. The university also has a virtual library that provides free access to various academic databases.
Ovidius University has been constantly listed among the top 15 universities in Romania, the first 150 in Eastern Europe, and the first 2500 in the world.
Book A FREE Consultation
City Of Constanta
Ovidius University is a defining landmark of Constanța, an ancient metropolis whose history started over 2500 years ago. Founded by Greek colonists from Miletus in the 6th century BCE, Tomis was conquered by the Romans in 71 BCE and renamed Constantiana by the Roman emperor Constantine the Great. The city has a population of over 300,000 people.
In the summer it is a favourite holiday destination and for the rest of the year a student metropolis. The vast areas intended for sports, cultural events and entertainment make Constanța a vibrant city, a spa resort, and a city for young people.
Constanța has continuously developed over time and is nowadays the largest city in the region. The Port of Constanța is the largest Black Sea harbour and one of the largest in Europe. The city is linked to the capital, Bucharest, by a modern highway, to Europe by the Danube-Black Sea Canal and to the world by an international airport.
- High/secondary school education (12-years education) and to have obtained a Diploma/School Leaving Certificate/GCE A-2.
- To have studied, completed and obtained grades in Biology and Chemistry in high school. – both of these two subjects at their A2 level.
- Recommended to have Maths or Physics as the third subject.
- Different grade requirements in Chemistry and Biology for citizens of different countries, contact us for more details.
Ovidius University offers a 6 Year MD course that is taught in English throughout the entire duration.
The Romanian language is compulsory to learn during the first two years of studies.
- The first 2 years are non-clinical years and includes the following subjects: Anatomy, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology.
- The next 3 years are the Clinical years where you spend more time in the hospitals gaining practical and first-hand experience into life as a doctor.
- In your final year, you will take the State Exam in order to achieve your licence to practice. After successful completion of the exam, you will achieve the professional qualification of Doctor of Medicine (MD) and be awarded a Master’s degree.
- The course is GMC recognised and meets the EU requirements throughout its duration. The teachers have long-standing experience and you have access to modern facilities aiding your success in the degree.
There is no entrance exam required at this university!