Why Study Medicine In Romania?
There are many reasons to choose to study medicine in Romania. Romanian medical universities offer high-quality education to students that wish to study medicine abroad; other reasons include:
- A proven track record of international graduates for over 10 years
- Very affordable tuition fees and low living costs within the EU
- English taught courses recognised in the EU and the UK
- Romania has the fastest internet speeds in the whole of Europe
- Romanian language is relatively easier to learn than other Eastern European languages
Study Medicine In Romania - FAQs
Tuition fees in Romania can be very cheap for students looking to study medicine or dentistry in the EU. The tuition fees can range from as little as €5,000 per year and can go up to €7,500.
Living costs are also relatively cheaper than in other countries including Western Europe and the UK.
Our top recommendation in Romania is G.T. Popa University in Iasi as it has recently received the WFME accreditation, an achievement that not all medical universities currently hold. However, due to this accreditation, the university has a higher tuition fee than usual for Romania.
For a cheaper option, we recommend Ovidius University in Constanta as it has a proven track record of UK medical graduates now working in the NHS.
Absolutely not! Romania is a very safe country with low crime rates and no military conflicts. Romania is part of the European Union so travelling to Bulgaria is not a problem for European citizens. The locals are very friendly towards foreigners.