Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine
Tuition Fees: €7,500
Entrance Exam: No
Graduate Entry: No
Grigore T. Popa University in Iasi is famous for its state of the art facilities and library as well as a Medical Simulation Centre enhancing the students learning experience.
Grigore T. Popa University of Iasi is one of the oldest higher education establishments in Romania. It was founded in 1879 as a Medical Faculty and was subsequently associated with two other institutions that complete the field of medical training – the Faculty of Pharmacy and the Faculty of Dental Medicine.
In 1991, the institute was given the status of University, receiving the name of the famous representative of the School of Functional Anatomy Iasi, Grigore. T. Popa . The Faculty of Bioengineering is the only one of its kind in Romania.
The University today boasts a valuable teaching staff as well as a modernized material base and technique, appropriate to the teaching process and scientific research activity.
Grigore T. Popa University is one of the best universities of medicine in Romania. It attracts more that 500 new students from all over the world: UK, Germany, France, Norway, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Nigeria, Namibia, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Canada, New Zeland and more every year.
Grigore T. Popa University of Iasi accept not only new students applying for the first year, but also medical transfer students (who have started medical study somewhere else, have stated or finished studies related to medical studies and would like to finish start medical study in Iasi).
The university is famous for its state of the art facilities and library as well as a Medical Simulation Centre enhancing the students learning experience. Grigore T. Popa University is situated in the center of Iasi, making access to this higher education institution very simple from any corner of the city.
Book A FREE Consultation
City Of Iasi
Known as The Cultural Capital of Romania, Iasi is the second largest city in Romania with a population of
over 360,000 people.
Iași features historical monuments, 500-year-old churches and monasteries, contemporary architecture,
many of them listed on the National Register of Historic Monuments. Notable architecture includes the
Trei Ierarhi Monastery, part of the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Site, or the neo-Gothic
Palace of Culture, built on the old ruins of the mediaeval Princely Court of Moldavia.
Iași has a diverse array of public spaces, from city squares to public parks. Founded in 1856, the Botanical Garden of Iași, the first botanical garden in Romania, has an area of over 100 hectares, and more than 10,000 species of plants. The Ciric Park, located in the north-eastern part of Iași, consists of parkland and four lakes.
Iași is home to many museums, memorial houses, art galleries. The city also organises various festivals for both residents and tourists. Live music and different other artistic events (poetry nights, readings) are a habitual occurrence in the various bars and coffee shops the city has to offer.
Iași is served by the Iași International Airport (IAS) located 8 km (5.0 mi) east of the city centre. The airport is the 4th busiest in Romania and offers direct domestic, European, and Middle Eastern scheduled or charter connections. There are several connections throughout the city including busses, trams and trains so you are guaranteed to always find transportation wherever you go in the city.
- High/secondary school education (12-years education) and to have obtained a Diploma/School Leaving Certificate/GCE A-2.
- To have studied, completed and obtained grades in Biology and Chemistry in high school. – both of these two subjects at their A2 level.
- Recommended to have Maths or Physics as the third subject.
- Different grade requirements in Chemistry and Biology for citizens of different countries, contact us for more details.
There is no entrance exam for students applying from English speaking countries such as the United Kingdom.
If you are applying from a non-English speaking country, the university requires students to sit an English exam to ensure all medical students meet a minimum level of proficiency to be able to understand the course.
MedConnect Europe will provide you with all the necessary materials to ensure that you are successful in the test. The test must be taken at the university campus in Romania.
MedConnect Europe will help arrange hotel accommodation for the duration of your stay and will be on call throughout your stay to guide you through the process. MedConnect Europe will also arrange a tour both of the university and city so you have a chance to see first-hand what the course is all about as well as the city life in general.
GT Popa University of Iasi offers a 6 Year MD and DMD course that is taught in English throughout the entire duration.
The Romanian language is compulsory to learn during the first two years of studies.
- The first 2 years are non-clinical years and includes the following subjects: Anatomy, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology.
- The next 3 years are the Clinical years where you spend more time in the hospitals gaining practical and first-hand experience into life as a doctor.
- In your final year, you will take the State Exam in order to achieve your licence to practice. After successful completion of the exam, you will achieve the professional qualification of Doctor of Medicine (MD) and be awarded a Master’s degree.
- The course is GMC recognised and meets the EU requirements throughout its duration. The teachers have long-standing experience and you have access to modern facilities aiding your success in the degree.